Every fall, Travis takes a fishing trip with his friend, Tyler. So one weekend in October, the guys headed up to Delaney. As you can see, Travis was successful (as is the norm for him). Nice fish, huh? (I'm sure if you asked Travis more about it, he could tell you what kind of trout it is...when I think it's a rainbow, it's a brown, and vice-versa. One of these days I'll get it. :) -Kira)
(Kira) Since the guys were heading out, I thought I would take a little trip, too. I flew standby to see my sis and Paul on the East Coast! Within less than 48 hours, I managed to make use of the following types of transportation: my personal car, airport shuttle, airplane, airport shuttle again, bus, taxi, ferry, subway...and, of course, walking.
I was excited to be able to hand-deliver my most recent painting as a gift to my sister...the optometrist. If I had given such a painting to anyone else, I think they would have been more freaked out than appreciative.
For Leanna's (forbidden to be mentioned)th birthday, I accompanied her, Paul, and many of their fellow residents out to a family-style Italian restaurant. Yum! Good food. And a LOT of it.
One of the highlights of the trip was visiting the massive museum at Ellis Island (see below). It was extremely educational AND interesting. We spent over 3.5 hours wandering through the different exhibits and still didn't see everything! The immigrants who came through that place sure faced some hard times...and reading all about it made me very thankful for how easy things are for us now!




1 comment:
Looks like a very fun trip. I have always wanted to go to New York. Nice painting, too.
You are looking great Kira! I think married life really suits you! :)
Post a Comment